Monday, December 30, 2013

Birds & Labs...



The weather was fantastic Saturday. 


1st bird down....


Mas and Ron in the back of Jack's truck waiting their turn. 


I just love the colors that a ring neck has.


Jack giving the afternoon group their instructions prior to the hunt.


Jack wrapping Babe's front legs right before the hunt.


I worked on Saturday to assist for the four large hunts that we had going on at the farm. I had a great time as usual. I enjoy setting birds and the best part of the day was hanging out with Jack and his labs. Jack has been guiding with us this year and his dogs from Three Cedars Retrievers are fantastic. Babe is a pointer and the other three are flushing dogs. Only hunting behind my pointing dog, I was obviously intrigued by this style. I joined the hunt in the afternoon, more less shooting as well as a few videos. Mas is just on another level when it comes to hunting. I saw him make a 300 yard retrieve. Rather impressive I must say. All in all, it was a fun afternoon in the field taking in a upland hunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment