Monday, March 11, 2013

First Day Out This Year....




Last Thursday evening, I decided to tie up some stones since they have been pretty active in the mountain streams as of late. Easy and effective tie. Check out the tying video from Tightlines Productions from Caddis Chronicles. 


Adult Stone with Widow's Web as a wing material. MFC makes this material and I bought it for cripple wings. Supposed to be super hydrophobic. Might be a new material for my Caddis patterns is this holds true. 


Went after work for about two hours to try out my new rod. Even though I wish I was throwing dries, it worked rather well for a two weight tossing a double nymph rig. I did rather well in that span of time. In the double digits quickly.... Notice the stone in his mouth. Could not resist it. 


New rod in action....


Lent Special...Great fish and chips with a Long Trail Pollenator Pale Ale. Yum....

No comments:

Post a Comment