Sunday, February 26, 2012

K31 Swiss Carbine....

K31 Swiss 

Really unique action for sure...



Dad stopped over to help me with an electrical issue that I had a question about. I also knew that he wanted to show me his new purchase. He bought a K31 Swiss Military Rifle. What an accurate gun. The open sights are set for a range of 100 - 1500 meters. This gun has been know for its accuracy and dependability. One draw back about these guns is the beech stocks are rather beat up.  My dad plans on getting some work done on the stock, but that is for purely cosmetic reasons. Otherwise, this is one fun gun to shoot. We went in to the field across the street from my house to try it out. Very little recoil and its accuracy is its best feature. Looking forward to shooting this more often. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic gun! I have one just like it. I bought it for 100 bucks at a second-hand shop here in Switzerland about 12 years ago. It has been sitting in my closet ever since. Until this morning. I took it to the range and everyone laughed... I shot it 10 times and got 3 bulls eyes at 50 meters and a nice tight group of 6 an inch to the left of the bulls eye. The other guys quit laughing. Hell of a gun. I even have the original bayonet, strap and muzzle cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It USA. Fantastic gun for sure. Considered to be one of the most accurate of its time. I think my dad paid about $250 for it. We also have the original pieces with it now. We continue to goto places to purchase ammo and now we have the die to reload them as well. Thanks for the read as well.


    ReplyDelete