Monday, November 28, 2011

1st Bird Shot Over Zoie...

My Spanish SxS 20 gauge.....

Zoie after her first hunt at my parent's house....



She loves those birds...



After Chuck and I had gun broke Zoie, He said take her out and see how it goes for about an hour in the field. As per Chuck's instruction, I waited for her to point the birds before I shot instead of just shooting those that were just flushed by her. This required some patience, but I wanted to reinforce the right behavior. She had flushed five birds before she started to hold a point. Being a modest hunter, I will say I missed a few birds before I bagged my 1st with my 20 gauge. All in all, I must say that this was a memorable evening. Just wanted to share some photos from that evening...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Worth the wait wasn't it?
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure was Chuck. Let me know if you want any of those pictures from the hunt earlier with your dogs in them...

    ReplyDelete