Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 2: Introduction to Pheasant

Starting to get her interested in the scent....





By the end of the short 20 minute session, Zoie would hold on a bird for 15 to 25 seconds until I started to move it a little bit. She would also let me stroke her tail upward to frame up her point. I was able to reward her a bit and started to use the "Whoa" command. We will work more on this today a bit to continue to introduce her to birds. After I get her introduced to the birds what is the next progression? Enjoy the pictures. My brother stopped by as well to assist in the training as well as pictures. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Right on! a sport I do know all too well.. good luck with your pup..
    question?/tip- Do you ever wrap your training wing in aluminum foil? it hides the scent a tad and controls the bite down pressure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try the aluminum foil. That sound like a practical thing to try. Right now, i am just introducing her to pheasant, chukkar, and quail. She hold holds on point for a decent amount of time as well. Do you have a progression that you use to train your dog?

    Thanks for the suggestion....

    JMP

    ReplyDelete