Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Snozzberries Tasted Like Snozzberries.....


The raspberries were a treat all day.

Chuck with a hook up. 

This Copper John was getting torn to shreds.

Proof that Chuck caught a double.





High-Sticking...


Alex wanted to join us. He was on the path watching us land fish after fish. We asked him to join us. Mike took him under his wing and taught him how to fish two flies at the same time. He also showed him how to catch fish on the swing. He was so happy and we saw his grandma later on the lower section, she said Alex said this was his best day fishing ever.


Active Brown...




Loves the Green Copper John.





Over the Shoulder Hook-Set...




Close-Up..


No much left to my Copper John...





Bow on the Lower....





Left the house around 5:30am to meet Mike and Chuck to head down to the North Branch. What a treat it was. We were the only people in the hole that had tons of fish in every direction that you cast. I think between the three of us, we caught about 130 fish by lunch time. I know Chuck had eight straight casts that produced fish. At one point he landed a double as well. Most of the fish were landed on skating flies on the surface such as caddis or stoneflies. I had great success with a dry and a blue soft hackle as well. Chuck later then switched to a red copper john and the fish would not leave it be. I know at one point I was pulling in my line to check for a tangle and all of a sudden, I was hand lining a fish in. After lunch, we went to the Lower catch and release to try that section. We landed a few fish, but we believe in about another week or so this place will be perfect in the lower.  We then decided to give the Savage River a shot at dusk to see if the Lime and Yellow Sally's were doing their thing. They seemed to be a size #16 or #18 instead of my #14. I will have to tie some smaller ones for the next trip. What a great day on the river and can't wait to go back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment