Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Its Been a While...

Iso Nymph



Soft Hackle Hare's Ear

The past few weeks have been very busy. Lost a close friend and fellow coach, Mike Czerwein. Hands down one of the best players that I have ever coached and even better a great guy to coach with as well.. He will be missed for sure. Link


I also had a few trips that went well too. Nothing more notable than this past Monday. After a hard storm Sunday night, the water was off color on a freestone stream. Mike and Don had a spectacular day fishing. The one time I do not have my camera, Mike landed a 17 inch Brookie on a #6 Stonefly nymph. I have been fishing there for 11 years and have never seen or caught one that big there. Had an awesome kype and gorgeous color. Most of the other fish were landed on soft hackles. Later that afternoon, we meet with Scott from Orvis to discuss some new things to offer at the resort. Soon after that, we went and shot some clays and enjoyed a nice dinner.
This past weekend we had the pleasure of having one of the best Orvis schools in some time. Alot of solid questions and a good time by all.
Decided to tie some flies this evening. I really needed an Iso Nymph in my box as well. The pictures above appear to be the nymph setup for the Yough.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog, Great Pics and I love the T3 in your banner. I broke mine and haven't stopped crying since :) Keep up the good work, enjoying it!... Cheers John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John....

    very happy you are enjoying the site. Did you ever send your t3 back to Orvis? They will fix it in no time. Even though I have a hydros and a helios, the T3 is one of the best rods I have fished in some time.

    I also enjoyed your site as well as those smokey mountain wild fish. I will add you to my blog list. How are those abel reels treating you? I have a set of their pliers that I received for a gift when I got married and I absolutely love them. Keep slayin them...

    ReplyDelete