Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ants...



Went up to the shop this afternoon to pick up my check and more less to see what was happening up there. Turns out Mike had all of the fly tying stuff on sale. As usual, I looked and around to see if there was anything I needed. What I found was some Whiting 100's packs. So this evening, I decided to start tying some traditional ants as well as the parachute ant above. Have been working on an addition to the blog that I hope to unveil in the next two weeks. Well, back to the bench...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Tie it on a curved shank so more of the body sits in the film--klinkhammer style--and I think you've got a deadly bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will for sure give that a try...a klinkhammer is one of my favorite flies to fish for that reason...and they are easy to tie...thanks for the suggestion...

    ReplyDelete