Monday, May 17, 2010

CAAAARRRRPPPP...




Larry and I had a chance to hit the carp flats for a few hours after a hard day of guiding for trout last Saturday. We managed to hook a few, but this behemoth up above was the true trophy. We both threw at this fish for close to an hour and finally Larry managed to make him or her eat. Larry claims this is his biggest fish to date on the fly, we guessed this fish between 15-18 pounds. Throwing flies to tailing carp may be one of the best things ever...LOL!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Yeaaaa!! thats a biggun.. so what are you throwing at those tailing carp??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, in the photo, is as good as they get in tying flies. He is our carp guy as well. He ties some larger nymph patterns. I will have to post them soon. We may actually begin to sell some of his patterns for carp and such soon on here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! Glad I stumbled upon it today, need to spend some time and catch up on some of the older posts.

    As a fellow Pennsylvanian (Southeastern), jumped on as a "follower," and am adding you to the blogroll over on my place. Hopefully it will send some more folks your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got turned onto this blog myself (you can thank troutrageous) added you to my blog roll as well. Love to see some of those carp flies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I run into Larry this weekend...I will attempt to get a picture of his carp box...

    ReplyDelete