Monday, January 4, 2010

Tying Some Trailer Trash....


Had a snow day from work today, so what better thing to do than sit at the bench and tie some flies. Since not being on the bench in some time, I decided to tie some larger flies for muskie and pike for High Point Lake this spring. So the Trailer Trash Fly is what I came up with today for those pesky gamefish. I used a 2/0 stinger hook as the primary as well as a size 4 trailing hook in the tail. I had a few short strikes this past year, so I want to make sure that I don't miss this time.

Recipe: Trailer Trash Fly

Hook - 2/0 Stinger Hook (Stainless Steel)
Secondary Hook - Size 4
Tail - Flashabou/Grizzly Hackles/Bucktail
Body: Marabou - White/Olive
Eyes: Red Dumbell Eyes
Thread: 6/0 White Uni
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment