Sunday, January 17, 2010

Senyo's Ice Minnow

I have been following the Steelhead Alley Outfitters Tying blog for some time. So I decided to try some of Senyo's patterns. I just got my order of the his ice dubbing that he uses in many of his patterns and been dying to try it out. I started out today with one of his more simple patterns, his Ice Minnow. Eventually I will get a Nor-Vise to tie tube flies, but I improvised by just using a curved hook to tie this pattern. I will say that this material will become a staple in my tying arsenal just by how easy it is to use as well as the applications it can be used for. I also like this pattern for early season trout as well as the summer Smallmouth in front of my house.
Senyo's Ice Minnow
Hook: 12 Curved Caddis
Body: Assorted Colors of Ice Dubbing
Thread: Red 6/0
Gills: Red Sharpie
Eyes: Orvis Mirage
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment