Monday, June 22, 2009

Florida Keys 2009....






Just got back from the Florida Keys with my wife, Alicia. We stayed at a friends house which neighbored The Moorings Resort in Islandmorda. What a beautiful place to spend vacation. This is the second time that we have gone to the Keys. Last year, Alicia and I caught Sea Trout, Redfish, and Snook in the Everglades National Park. This year, I went Tarpon fishing in the back country while she went out on a boat with some friends and caught jacks and sharks all day long. I had a 80-100 lbs. Tarpon until it spit the hook early into the fight. Needless to say, Alicia made sure to remind me that she caught the biggest fish during our vacation. While walking the beach one evening, I saw a sawfish for the first time. I will post a photo once I get it off of my phone. I had a shot at a snook on the ocean side, but it wanted nothing to do with my fly. All in all, it was a relaxing week with the wife. Here are some photos from the vacation. I will Put some of of her sharks as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment