Saturday, May 23, 2009

Farm Ponds are Gems...


On Friday, I drove a 1/2 mile down the road to one of my favorite spot on the stream in front of my house. On my first cast with a Yellow and Green Deceiver, a large smallmouth smacked the fly and I missed him. Ab0ut a half hour later, I moved to another spot and landed the biggest smallmouth to date since I have moved there. I landed it on a 2/0 green and white clouser minnow. I was trying to take a photo of the bronze back with my camera phone, but I dropped the fish. I was rather upset needless to say. But all in all, a solid evening on the water.

Yesterday, I went fishing to a farm pond with my head coach, his daughter, and the head of our forensic department. This place was a gem. We all caught numerous fish, but I had a great time catching billions of Bluegill. I caught close to 60 Bluegill and another 15 Largemouth in a span of 4 hours. Some of my favorite fishing places are farm ponds in the summer. They always produce and I would venture to say that most of these ponds have never seen a fly before. What a great day with a 3wt rod. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment