Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Too Many To Count...






I had the day off today so I did what any other fishing guide does on their day off...FISH!!! I arrived at the river around 10:30 AM and started of with a Black Coffee Woolly Bugger, and within minutes was into fish. Then right around 11:00 AM the stream turned on and I was surrounded by Black Stone Flies and the fish began to devour every bug that floated by. So I tied on a size #16 Black Stone Dry Fly and proceeded to destroy the fish. The dry fly fishing was fantastic for close to 5 hours, there were fish rising all over the place. I was surprised the fish were so on this early in the season! When there was a break in the surface action I would quickly switch to a Black Copper John under a P.T. and would pick up a few nymphing just to pass the time till the fish began rising again. Once again it was another outstanding day to be on the water, lots of bugs, lots of fish, lots of fun! Fish On...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment