Thursday, March 26, 2009

Killer Crayfish Pattern....


Well, I have been slacking a bit on the blog. So, I will continue to update more often in the upcoming weeks. Here is an awesome crayfish pattern that I am tying in the traditional burnt orange color as well as an olive shade too. After discussing with a local that fishes the water near my house, all he raved about was this pattern that he uses to slam the Smallmouth and the abundant Carp that are willing to take a fly. I tied a few for a quick fish for about an hour to test drive this pattern, and I am sold after hooking into a small carp that late afternoon. The action on this fly is second to none. I will post a video in a week or so. Enjoy....

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Would you be so kind to send me the recipe for that wonderful brew - I've been looking for a good crayfish pattern for a very very long time and this one looks AMAZING! If not, I understand, but if so, I'm for every grateful - jonschlaich@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete