Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Brooks, Browns, & Bows... And Cutts???





Back into the archive...you can't have a blog about trout and not include Yellowstone Cutthroats! Here are a few pics of fish I caught this past September while fishing Yellowstone National Park. The top photo is my first ever Cutt, I caught this fish on a olive bead head bugger on Soda Butte Creek. It was extremely cold that first morning and it took a chunky fly to move this chunky fish. The next two fish were caught on Slough Creek a tributary to the Lamar River. Second fish was caught on a Western Green Drake pattern, we were lucky enough to catch the end of this awesome hatch while we were in the park! And the last is not a true Cutthroat it is actually a Cutt-Bow that was taken on a bee pattern. Yes I said a bee pattern(if you enlarge the photo you can see the fly really well), it was one of my most productive flies during this trip! I can not express enough how awesome it is to fish Yellowstone all I can say is if you get the chance do it!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment